15 Best Black Finger Waves Hairstyles With Tutorial
The good thing about black finger waves hairstyles is that they do not have to always be formal. A finger wave updo style with draping curls to the side has a feel and look of informal to it.
It is also a good thing that black finger wave hairstyles are not typical for short hair. Whether you are looking for Finger wave hairstyles for long black hair, Finger wave hairstyles for medium length black hair or Finger wave hairstyles for short black hair you will find them all
Below you will find 15 amazing finger waves hairstyles to inspire you this summer. You also have step-by-step instructions on how to create your own finger waves.
How to Create Black Finger Waves Hairstyles
Black finger waves hairstyles are created by setting the hair into waves by hand. The style was popular in the 1930s but is fully back and many celebrities are rocking it on the red carpet.
Before, metal clamps were used to hold the waves in place as the hair dry. But not any more. Today alloy clips are available. Alloy clips are much more comfortable and easy to use.
To really achieve a beautiful black finger waves hairstyles it is important you follow the processes properly. The style will not be true to the period if the waves are not clearly visible.
Finger Waves Step-by-Step
- Start with a freshly washed hair, apply some oil if your hair is dry.
- Work with a damp hair but not dripping wet.
- Comb straight, right through to the roots,with a parting at one side.
- Apply lots of mousse (wrapping form), then Eco styling gel (this is optional) make sure your hair is laying flat as much as possible.
- Starting at the top of the head by the parting, start the wave by combing the hair from your face making a C.
- Smooth and hold down the direction firmly with your second finger of the other hand.
- Comb your hair round in the other direction also creating a semi-circle. Making sure all the hair to the scalp has been combed each time.
If you are working with a short hair, you keep repeating the process of combing and creating a C until your entire hair is done. For a medium or long hair, the following steps are necessary.
- Each time you make a C shape hold the new direction with the forefinger together with the middle finger, while combing the hair back towards your face.
- With these finger, pinch the crest of the wave while combing the hair into a new wave.
- Put the middle finger now on the new wave and together with the forefinger create a new crest by combing the hair back to the rear of the head again.
- Keep combing the hair through to the roots at each wave and continue the waves to the ears.
- Use clips to hold the waves securely.
- Finish off the ends of the waves with pincurls in the correct direction.
You can cover your hair with a hair net or scarf to hold the hair in place while it drys.
If you want finger waves + curls, hair must completely dry before you style.
- Comb hair out not the waves after it is dry
- Apply oil like Paul Mitchell skinny (serum)
- Spray on “Paul Mitchell the shine” before curl for shine
- To hold style spray Paul Mitchell holding spray
This is a black finger waves hairstyles video that will help you better understand the processes.